Welcome to the Little Mountie Preschool! We are looking forward to the 2023-24 school year! We will be offering a full day preschool program for any child who turns 3 or 4 by August 1, 2023. Little Mountie Preschool is on the same school calendar as Southmont Schools. Transportation may be available in our district boundaries as well. We utilize the High Scope Pre-K Curriculum and match it with the Everyday Math curriculum to begin the steps for our students as they continue on at Southmont. Everyday Math is the current math curriculum being used in grades K-5.
Preschool is the beginning step to your child’s educational journey, and Southmont Schools is excited to assist you and your family. The following information will help you with the process to take that first step.
- Little Mountie Preschool classes are located at all three of our elementary schools - Ladoga Elementary School, New Market Elementary School, and Walnut Elementary Schools.
- Preschoolers in the 3 year old program must be at least 3 years old on or before Aug. 1, 2021. Preschoolers in the 4 year old program must be at least 4 years old on or before Aug. 1, 2021. Children who will be 5 years old on or before Aug. 1, 2021 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten.
- Preschoolers should be fully toilet trained during the daytime by the first day of preschool.
- Little Mountie Preschool will follow the Southmont Schools’ calendar, which includes any delayed start times, snow days, days off, and delays.
- In accordance with Southmont Schools’ attendance policies, please notify the school when your child is sick or absent for safety purposes.
- Transportation is provided to the "home" school for in-district students.
- At times, parents and school staff may need to work together if a child is having difficulty with the classroom routine. Other preschool options may be considered.
- Payments (cash, check, or money order) are due by the 15th for the following month, with the August payment due by July 15, 2023. Tuition is $295/month for 10 months.